The standout features of the Lukas K900-2CH include:
1. 1440P Quad HD resolution + 5.5MP SONY STARVIS sensor in the front camera which significantly differentiates the Lukas K900-2CH from most dual models on the market. The 1440P QHD + 5.5MP front camera video quality is sharper and clearer while giving you a much better opportunity at picking up details on the road around you. The 2.1MP rear camera resolution is 1080P FULL HD and contains the benchmark standard Sony Exmor sensor. Wide Dynamic range (WDR) and an Enhanced Night Vision setting come as standard.
2. Extremely high operational temperature resistance of 80°C and even higher storage temperature rated to 90°C. These high temperature ratings speak volumes for the quality and heat tolerance of the individual components and overall design.
3. Ambarella A12 processor. The brains of the Lukas K900-2CH Dash Cam is the intelligent Ambarella A12 chipset which is the most powerful and intuitive processor available for a Dash Cam. The Ambarella A12 allows for excellent settings customizability while ensuring the Dash Cam operates seamlessly.
4. Unique Flush & Integrated Design. The new flush and low profile design allows the Lukas K900 front camera to butt right up against the roof liner hiding all cables. The end result is a neater and more integrated “OEM” look that is less obstructing to the driver.
5. Dual Display 3.5″ LCD Touchscreen which allows the driver to see a split, live view of both the front and rear cameras simultaneously. With a press of the bottom half of the LCD screen, the rear view can be toggled between live view or a digital speedometer. Likewise, the top of the screen can be toggled between live front view or date/time display.
6. Pre-buffered Parking Mode recording with dual motion & impact detection. The Lukas K900-2CH Dash Cam records 30 second parking mode files when triggered by either motion and/or impact. This is split into the all important 10 seconds before the trigger and 20 seconds after the trigger capturing the lead up to the event. The motion detection areas and motion sensitivity around your car can be tailored. The G-sensor impact sensitivity can also be tailored when in parking mode depending on your needs. When you restart your engine, the K900 LCD screen gives you a summary of the motion and impact files detected in parking mode. *Parking mode operation requires use of the K900 hardwire cable.
7. Multiple Viewing Platforms. The Lukas K900 video files and settings can watched and configured in 3 ways for added convenience. The Lukas K900-2CH can connect to a compatible smartphone (iOS and Android*) and the free QVIA App allows you to change settings and watch/download video files. A second way to configure the K900 settings and watch video files is via the free QVIA K900 Software Player (MAC and Windows compatible). A third way is via the integrated LCD touchscreen. (Lukas K900 PC Viewer has the full settings range)
8. Smart File allocation. The Lukas K900-2CH saves and records 3 types of files. Each file is saved into its own separate folder on the SD card and in the App. This makes for easy searching and navigation of video files, especially as the important parking mode files aren’t jumbled up with driving mode files. The video files are marked and stored as:
Always Files – these are purely driving only files – 3 minutes long.
Event Files – these are purely G-sensor (impact) and/or manual Hazard/Emergency button files button files. 30 second files, saving the important 10 seconds before trigger and 20 seconds after trigger.
Motion Files – these are purely parking mode motion files – 30 second files, saving the important 10 seconds before trigger and 20 seconds after trigger.
9. 512GB Micro SD card support. The Lukas K900-2CH can take 4 times the storage capacity of most Dash Cams meaning longer storage time before videos are looped over.